Prior Situation / Scenario:
- Loans available to only 54% of the total prepaid base with highly restrictive rules
- Generic, limited value proposition
- High/flat fees for customers
- Only loans based on prepaid balance
- Improve data pack adoption and frequency
- Reduce bad debt
- Difficult to assign segmented/contextual offers for each subscriber profile
- Improve customer experience
Strata Solution/ Key Enablers:
- We deployed a Risk scoring model combined with a real-time triggers to approach subscribers based on prior usage and payment behavior to determine loan amount.
- Segmented payback to reduce fees depending on outstanding debt
- Increased the loans amount while keeping the risk controlled
- Expand the targetable group for the service.
- Simplified and shortened prepaid loans and accelerated loan payback rates.
- Customer Satisfaction improved due to the service accessibility and contextual moment of Loan offering.
Within the first 12 months of the micro-loan deployment, target group increase by 27% and the total credit amount given increased by 39% while keeping the bad debt stable.